USG Corporation Maintenance Machinist - Cloquet in Cloquet, Minnesota
Job Description/Duties: * Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. * Normal working schedule is 6a – 2p, Monday thru Friday, but can be adjusted to include nights and weekends, and OT may be required based on plant and departmental needs. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels. * Produce parts as needed to re-stock storeroom or fulfill a work requests for one off parts. * Provide emergency machining as needed. * Perform shop tasks including: using power/hand tools, rigging and overhead lifting, complex measuring, blueprint comprehension, layout and fabrication, electric arc welding, basic mechanic skills, oxy-acetylene torch-cutting, propylene torch-heating, complex machine setup, special maintenance problem solving, run manual shop lathes and mills, program and run CNC lathe and CNC mill, reverse engineer parts, help create accurate blueprints for new or existing parts, operate mobile equipment- forklift. * Support department and plant needs by being allocated to maintenance down days as required. Will be responsible for repairing machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repairs on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications. * Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. * Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant and departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Two-year degree in manual machinist/CNC machinist or 4 years relative machining experience.
- Must have safe work practices.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as required by the maintenance department.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area, which may include lifting items 49 lbs. or less, working in extreme temperatures, and negotiating uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of when, where and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate ability to protect himself/herself and co-workers from potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrate ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Machinist - Cloquet
Requisition ID: CLO10146
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.